Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I AM THANKFUL

For my nanay,
who stays with me, preparing my food and warm water for bathing
even if I am maldita and matigas ang ulo.
Because of that, I see myself as “loved”
despite my flaws.

For my siblings,
who stay with me, doing all the household chores for me
even if I am masungit and mataray.
Because of that, I see myself as “loved”
despite my flaws.

For my cousin,
who stays with me, making me laugh after crying
even if I am prangka and makulit.
Because of that, I see myself as “loved”
despite my flaws.

For my friends and co-workers,
who stay with me, filling my days with smiles and words of appreciation
even if I am tamad and tamad talaga most of the time.
Because of that, I see myself as “loved”
despite my flaws.

And…

For the guy,
who leaves me, after seeing my imperfections.
despite that, I see myself as “loved”
because…

I
am
able
to
work
on
all
my
flaws.

-kulay

(inspired by leilockheart's post "I am thankful")