Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Truly, I Am So Ordinary

I'm sitting still
with my burger, fries and float,
looking at people around me...
truly, I am so ordinary.

In front of me is a couple
with their wonderful children.
In their eyes I see
two souls with hearts that beat as one.

Beside me is an old man
laughing and cracking jokes.
In his eyes I see
a life with laughter and joy.

Looking at people around me...
truly, I am so ordinary.

I'm holding my pen and a paper
writing about what I see
a girl far from me looks so ordinary
...ordinary just like me.
Younger than I am,
will she find a soul with a heart
that will beat as one with hers?
Or have a life
full of laughter and joy?

Looking at people around me,
we both look so ordinary.

Looking at people around me,
truly, I am so ordinary...
longing to meet a soul
with a heart that will beat as one with mine,
and a life full of laughter and joy.

I'm sitting still
with my burger, fries and float,
looking at people around me...
truly, I am so ordinary.


(written 12/7/10 12:36pm Mc Donald's Banawe)