Friday, December 10, 2010

4th of July

It was the 4th of July
when I got a picture of you with her.
Your smiles are genuine and
your eyes are beaming with joy.
The question that caused so much pain,
had been clearly answered
when I got a picture of you with her.

So long,
goodbye
you'll be forgotten.
I let go of the love
that you first put into waste.

It was the 4th of July,
when I got a picture of you with her,
my independence day
from all the hurts and the pain
brought by our yesterday.

So long,
goodbye
you'll be forgotten.

I'm looking at the picture of you with her,
that freed me from all the hurts and the pain.
Your smiles are genuine and
your eyes are beaming with joy.
So long,
goodbye
you'll be forgotten.

It was the 4th of July
when I got a picture of you with her,
my independence day
from all the hurts and the pain
brought by our yesterday.

So long,
goodbye
you'll be forgotten.

(I was supposed to clean up my files when I saw the research I had for Gliese 581g and an old picture...yeah I ended up writing two poems.)