I love reading books.
If I feel like I want to conquer the world and put it in my hands,
I read books.
I was in awe at the works of Shakespeare.
I cried for freedom from the novels of Rizal.
I crossed the Mississippi river by Mark Twain’s Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn’s adventures.
I was in love with the Grimm Brothers’ Fairy Tales.
I went back to childhood because of the Mother Goose Rhymes.
I shouted revenge at Alexandre Dumas’ The Count of Monte Cristo.
Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island made me rich.
J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter brought me to the wold of magic.
My boring free time passed by while reading Frank Mihalic’s 1000 Stories.
I acquired a lot of words from Mr. Oxford and Merriam-Webster.
I laughed at Bob Ong’s use of words and wit in ABNKKBSNPLAKo.
I marveled at the Guiness Book of World Records.
Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code questioned the faith I have.
Those are only a few of the books I have read that made me conquered the world.
But when I felt like the world was trying to conquer me,
I took shield from the best Book ever-written…
THE BIBLE.