Thursday, January 27, 2011

Arms That Hold Me Tight



I had shackles
and chains of pain,
I sighed and cried
in the drowning rain.
My wounded soul
was filled with troubles,
and my life
was worn out by sorrows.

Despairingly I called out
when everyone was gone,
I looked for comforters
but I found none.
Instead insults were thrown
as I walked around
and I trampled
almost lifeless on the ground.

I screamed in darkness
with my heart bleeding
but no one heard me
and my endless crying.
But in the same darkness
I saw the light
and I found myself
in Your arms that hold me tight.

You casted off the shackles
and chains of pain
and I won’t be sighing and crying
in the drowning rain.
You healed my wounded soul
and took away the troubles
now my life
won’t ever be worn out by sorrows.

Insults may be thrown
as I continue to walk around
but with You I won’t trample
lifeless on the ground.
For in the darkness
there will always be light
and You’ll carry me
in Your arms that hold me tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment