Friday, July 23, 2010

TODAY (After Surviving the Loss of a Love)

“When an emotional injury takes place, the body begins a process as natural as the healing of a physical wound. Let the process happen. Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass and, when it passes, you will be stronger, happier, more sensitive and aware.”

I had been through that dreaded emotional injury early this year. My fairy long love story meant a lifetime for me and I never ever thought that it would come to an end. At first, in my notion, the injury would last forever, not even time could heal it. But I forced myself to trust the nature to do the healing.

I had struggles in trusting and believing in the healing process and for me,the pain would not go away. It was hard to let go because then, attachment was fine but detachment was hurtful and not an easy thing to do. I felt like I was a rat caught in a trap because of that cheesy thing called “love” screaming “I don’t want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap!” I didn’t care about that cheese anymore, I just wanted to get out of it. But it was really hurtful.

Detachment caused so much pain. At the time that I was forcing myself to detach, I found the ONE who would help me get out of the trap through prayers.This quote was very true..“In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.” It was then that I had to continue my life with the loss of a love and endure the pain for it would come to pass.

I continued living my life and experienced the three distinct, yet overlapping phases of recovery. The first stage is shock/denial/numbness. The second stage is fear/anger/depression.The third stage is understanding/acceptance/moving on.

I was shocked, I was in denial, and I felt numbness. I was in fear, I was angry and I was depressed.

Then I started to understand. I started to accept. It was true that nature would do the healing.

Now, I am moving on.

Yesterday is over.

Tomorrow isn’t here yet.

Today, is the most important day to see the bright side of the loss of a love.

I believe in this…“Record each day, in some way: the lessons you learn, the good you do, the good that happens to you, the insights you have, and anything else that seems of interest.”

I am recording each and every lesson I’ve learned from my past. Each and every lesson I’ve learned from the loss of a love. I am keeping it here in my notes, my notes inside my heart. There is truly a bright side after all.

The loss of a love tells me to hope for the day that I am going to be happier, stronger, more sensitive and aware. And that day is…

today. :)


(Quotes were taken from the book The Portable Life 101.)