Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dear me,

How do you do? I can see that you feel great right now. Living life the way you want it. Dressing up and feeling good. Making the most out of what you have.
Do you still have tears at night? You sure do. But you’re indeed fine, looking at every single thing that comes your way as a gift from heavens above.
Be it small.
Be it big.
Be it low.
Be it high.
Can I go back to tears? Yes, you do have. But not of regrets, but of joy that you have found even though you’re alone. It’s a dream came true to make yourself whole again. Not a single soul does that for you, but you alone.
Can you tell the world how glad you are to be near the woman you always want to be? But I guess you won’t. Because the whole world can tell that that woman is somehow in you now by just simply looking at you.
In your solitude, you treat life and reality the way they want to be treated, an old “go with the flow.” You may be smiling yet you’re in tears most of the time, but in your being, you know that that’s how it is. That’s life. That’s reality. And that’s really how they are.
Yeah, I am talking to me. It’s been a year and how have I been? Smiling? Laughing? Or still in tears? Whatever the case may be, dear me, I’m glad of what I have become. I’m glad of the road of life I’m traveling. I’m glad of the people I meet along the way and how I learn to treasure each one of them. I’m glad of the bumps along the road, and no, they aren’t stumbling blocks but ones to be paved for me to have a safe journey to wherever I choose to be.
Dear me. I guess I’m on my way to a new me. And I would never go back to the old me. Enjoying my ride to life, hoping and praying that I would reach that place I call “new me,” sooner or later.
Yes, a new life, a new me, is waiting for me there, somewhere.
Dear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment