Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hey mama, look!


As I was about to open the old door of our house 
I heard my mother say, 

“Nand’yan na si Kulay. Nagtataka lang ako saan kaya galing?” 
(There's Kulay. I'm just wondering where she's been?)

I entered slowly with a smile on my face, 
got a piece of paper out of my backpack and shouted, 

 “Hey mama, look! I won an iPad3!” 

And my mother was like… @.@ 
“Eh ano naman ‘yan?” 
(And what's that?)



“You know that touch screen thing mama?” I asked.
And she replied,

 “Eh stub lang ‘yan!” 
(That's only a stub!)

And I was like… 
@.@

And so I showed her this.

     I attended iBlog: The 8th Philippine Blogging Summit last week for the first time (a must-attend event for bloggers). I went there with two of my friends with just a notion of learning a lot from advanced Filipino Bloggers and get to meet new ones. I never thought of going back home with a prize! 

     I wasn’t able to make it on the first day but I made sure to be there on the last day. We (my friends and I) were there ahead of time, walked around UP College of Law while waiting for the registration to open. When the event started, I overheard from some bloggers that TV5 would be raffling an Apple iPad3 at the end of the Summit. (Just like what they did at the 2011 Philippine Blog Awards.) 

     During the morning snacks, I went to the booth, got a piece of paper and said to myself, “Lord, I’m claiming it. I know this is for me. And thank You, in advance.” =)

     As I was being amazed by the discussion and interaction of bloggers, I told myself, “I would just listen here and learn a lot from all of you. But later, I know that I would be standing in this theater and you would all look at me.” (thinking of that iPad3) c:

     The whole-day iBlog experience was great (with great speakers and topics). And it became blissful when the emcees called for TV5’s representative for the iPad raffle. When I saw him picked up a yellow paper, I told my friends, “ako ‘yan…”  

     And voila!


     Thank you iBlog, the mother of all blogging summits in the country! I'm gonna share the iPad with my nanay

     Big THANK YOU! 

     Looking forward to iBlog9!

     Oh by the way,
     next time,
     I’ll let my nanay know my whereabouts! @.@

No comments:

Post a Comment